Leaving the Midwest


We moved over a month and a half ago and I am finally catching up on our blog. I would like to post pictures of the house that we bought, renovated and sold (totally unplanned) but I am waiting for some photos.

After many conversations of how we should make our way to the west coast, Trever and I decided to go to Michigan first. On July 22nd we packed up our final belongings, signed our paperwork with the real estate lawyers, said our final goodbyes and drove to Michigan. Here is Jane with her bestie, Peyton. This was the hardest goodbye of all and is still hard for us. We love this sweet girl and her family. It was an emotional day for me to say the least.


Once were were on the road all of the girls passed out. They were tired, which was perfect for a long road trip.


When we arrived at Nana and Papa's, Nana gave the girls with these Anna and Elsa costumes. So perfect! Jane has been telling me that she wants to be Elsa for Halloween and that I need to buy the REAL Elsa costume. She has been improvising for the past 8 months. Thanks Nana!


Trever had to fly out the day after we arrived but the girls and I were able to stay for a week. Coincidentally two of my sisters also moved in July and we all ended up crashing at my parents house at the same time. It was fun, and crazy, and chaotic but we had a great time. The girls loved spending time with their cousins and extended family. We will sure miss being a drive away from all of them, it was such a blessing to be so close the past 5 years.


During our stay we visited the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village



A ride in a vintage Model T

Climbing at the playground

Playing at a park near my parents house

Lizzie getting love and tickles from Papa

Waiting in the Denver airport to catch our connecting flight to San Francisco. The girls did a great job on the airplane. They all slept and were able to stay entertained for most of the flight. 

Next stop, Mimi's house. More to come.


Comments

Popular Posts