OBX continued

Here are a few more pictures from the week. Although I woke up a little earlier than expected a few mornings, I loved watching the sunrise over the ocean. We were able to spend almost every day at the beach and the kids LOVED it. They spent hours wading in the water, jumping in waves and digging in the sand. Jane was especially brave in the ocean and had a great time swimming with her dad. The kids also enjoyed watching the dolphins, stingrays and sand crabs.





Cate being a goofball!


Trever and Eric were able to catch a few waves one afternoon. They were good sports about taking this picture but definitely put a stop to the photo shoot after a few minutes. 

Andrea had all kinds of activities for the kids. She had fun exercises to help them remember their right and left hands, showed them how to make elephant toothpaste (see below) and had special stories to read to them each night. I am pretty sure I could have gone away for the week and they would have been just fine. Our girls sure do love Grandma and Grandpa!



Santa Cruz t-shirts for everyone!


On the day that it rained we went to the aquarium. We timed it perfect and had the entire place to ourselves for the first half of the visit. The sharks were pretty amazing!


 The kiddos also enjoyed a few bike rides with the family. Here are Cate and Ben getting ready for their big ride.

On the last night the kiddos watched Frozen while we played Cities and Knights. I haven't played many games in the past few years, so I was a little rusty. Even thought I was dead last, it was still fun to play. 

Time spent with the Burgon clan is always great fun. A big thank you to Julia for coordinating all of the birthday events and to Brooke for finding such fabulous place. We are already looking forward to meeting up again next year.

Comments

Popular Posts