Blender
“A two-year-old is kind of like having a blender, but you don’t have a top for it.” - Jerry Seinfeld
This past week we made a big purchase, we bought a Blendtec. Over the past few years we talked about upgrading our blender but decided to wait until our current blender broke before making the purchase. Our Blendtec arrived on Thursday afternoon and we made a green smoothie on Friday morning. I love that the girls are eating a big dose of spinach and other yummy things first thing in the morning.
We decided to experiment with a few other recipes this morning and made a puffy apple pancake. Trever was making the batter with the girls and when he had the lid off, Cate pushed a button and the batter sprayed everywhere. Jane was NOT happy to be covered in pancake batter but it was quite hilarious. I had to laugh because I had a similar experience with Cate a few weeks ago. I was making a smoothie and she was "helping." I took the lid off while the blender was running so that I could use my spoon to push down the yogurt that was sticking to the side. Cate decided that she would help and she stuck her spoon in as well. I quickly reached for her spoon and pulled it out, but dropped my own spoon in the blender and before you know it we were covered in berry smoothie. Good times!
And about the Blendtec, we love it. The pancake was yummy and we even made whipped cream in there to go on top. I am looking forward to making all kinds of food with my new kitchen appliance.

Comments