Mimi to the rescue



My mom arrived the day after my parents headed home for Michigan. She helped keep us afloat for the past two weeks and boy did we need her help. She changed diapers of all sizes, cooked food, loaded and unloaded the dishwasher multiple times, cleaned, did the laundry, made last minute grocery runs, entertained Jane and Cate while I ran to various appointments, chased down runaway kids, rocked Lizzie to sleep and much, much more. Our days and nights were busy but it was great to have her by my side to help during this busy transition. I am not sure that our house will look as nice but hopefully I can keep everyone safe, happy and alive this week. Many thanks to Mimi for sacrificing your time, sleep and freedom to come be with us. The girls were asking about you tonight and we miss you already. Come back soon!

We kept the celebrations low key but were able to provide cheesecake and a birthday song for my mom on her big day. Doesn't she look young?

Soaking up some time with Lizzie before getting on the plane this morning. Lizzie's eyes are still a little crazy, she is still figuring out how everything works. :)

Comments

RC Cola said…
Good luck by yourself. It is hard to have 3 littles. I had to hire myself a "mommy nanny" (this is what I like to call her) someone to help me and the kids.
Katie said…
I love Jane in that first picture... Miss you guys.. And you are amazing!
ChelsieWatts said…
You really are superwoman. And you have some good genes, too! Your mom looks so great. Glad she could be there to help through those first weeks.

Popular Posts