Winter
As I write this email, I am looking out the window, watching the snow come down. Sometimes it feels like I am sitting in a snow globe and it's quite beautiful to watch. Other days, I am eager for warmer temperatures and sad that I am not enjoying the 60+ degree temps of Northern California. We have had some really cold days but we have also had some great days for playing in the snow.
When we decided to move to Chicago almost four years ago, I was pregnant with Jane. I was so concerned about how I would keep her warm and how kids survived in such cold winters. Well, it's really not so bad. You get the Bundle Me covers for your carseats and strollers and you are good to go. The picture above was taken on our way to the gym. Cate is snug as a bug.
On those "warmer" winter days, we have been able to get outside. A few weeks ago we went to Lake Michigan to check out the beach and play in the snow. There was a big wall of ice and snow between the sand and the water and we could barely see the lake. It's really amazing what happens to the lake during the winter.
There were quite a few at the beach. Some were people cross country skiing, others playing with their dogs or kids. I was reminded that I need to embrace the good things about winter because there are a lot of fun things you can do in the snow. Here is a picture of Cate holding snow for one of the very first times. She has been quite intrigued.
Jane is loving the snow and has made at least three snowmen with her dad. Last Saturday she went sledding for the very first time and LOVED it. I was at home with Cate enjoying a three hour nap (sigh) while Jane and Trever were playing outside. Trever said that Jane was fearless and after two times going down the hill with her dad, she was ready to ride on her own. Jane's face in this picture says it all.
When Cate and I woke up, I took her for a sled ride around the yard. She was quite pleased and was just happy to be outside. So there you have it, our last few months in the snow.




Comments