Thanksgiving


 

We spent Thanksgiving with this crazy bunch and had a fabulous time. We arrived late on Wednesday night, which is always a little tricky. Cate was ready to party after sleeping for four hours in the car and Jane was a little uncertain about going to sleep in a different place. We finally got settled and were able to get a few hours of sleep.

The Thanksgiving feast was delicious! We made my mother-in-law's rolls. Thanks to the bread machine, the whole process is pretty simple. I actually think I have had enough practice to make them look and taste like the real deal. We also made the sourdough stuffing, a Burgon family favorite. The turkey was perfect and everything else tasted great. We definitely had enough leftovers to avoid cooking for at least a few days, perfect if you ask me.

On Thursday evening Trever and I threw caution to the wind and went to Target to take advantage of their Thursday night specials. We are now the proud owners of an iPad and have a $60 gift card as well. Boom! Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary to us.

On Friday, we took three of the kiddos bowling. They LOVED it and I have some pretty hilarious videos to capture the event. I was hoping to take more pictures but with two lanes going and three kiddos running we needed all hands on deck.

After dinner that night, the kids decorated gingerbread houses. It was a success and good times were had by all. I am pretty sure that most of the candy ended up on the houses.

Papa helping Jace build the perfect house. They kept it simple and it looked fabulous!

Aria was all about the candy and went to town with the snow (aka coconut) on the roof. 

Jane enjoyed the frosting and spent a good portion of the time licking the spatula, I can't blame her. Notice the backpack she is wearing? The kids took turns wearing this leash and played doggies for quite a few hours each day. Maybe Santa will bring one of these to our house.

And before we jumped to the Christmas activities, we did a Thanksgiving craft. I love the creativity. Apparently the SF Giants wear green pants...

 Loving the turkey in the hula skirt.

One of my personal favorites. It's amazing what a person can do with paper, scissors and glue.


Thanks Forsberg family for another fun visit, we are so grateful for all of you. Julie and Vlad, we missed you and hope to see you soon.

Comments

Popular Posts