Lately

The past week and half has been a whirlwind. We got back from Boston, celebrated Halloween, had a busy weekend and then... the stomach flu hit our house. Trever and I crawled into bed early (not usually the case for us) on Sunday night and were just about to turn off the lights when we heard Jane cry out from her room. We were both a little annoyed but then had more sympathy when we saw the mess she was lying in. I will spare you the details but it wasn't pretty and didn't get much better for the rest of the night. Trever and I didn't feel great on Monday but I only had the chills and an upset stomach. Trever continued to feel bad that evening and had a rough 24 hours.

I was supposed to teach preschool at our house on Tuesday but I had to cancel. Instead I spent the day steam cleaning all of the carpets, something that has been on my to do list anyway. The girls were both feeling better so we got out of the house and went to the children's museum. Here is Cate hanging out on the floor, I am pretty sure she was hoping for a nap instead of a visit to the museum but she had a great time.

In other news, the squirrels attacked our pumpkins this year. Jane was quite terrified but we assured her that feeding them our pumpkins was a good thing. We took the pumpkins off our porch and put them in the back yard so the squirrels could go to town, and they did.


Jane has been transitioning from nap time to quiet time. She LOVES her nap but doesn't really need it anymore. Kind of a sad day for all of us but she is doing well with quiet time. She has fallen asleep on her floor a few times, resulting a bit of confusion when she wakes up and a funny carpet mark on the side of her face.

We were back on for preschool on Thursday and all was well. Jane loves when we have preschool at our house because she can reenact the whole thing and play the roll of teacher. It's quite hilarious to hear her replay the events of the day and direct her babies. Love this girl.


This week is much better and we are on the mend. My stomach is still a little funny but I am feeling good. It's cold outside, which makes me a little anxious about enduring another winter but the show must go on.

Comments

Popular Posts