Home Improvement
First up, the side tables. These aren't my absolute favorite side tables, but they are very functional and they totally work for us. Trever sanded them down, applied the primer and put on several coats of white spray paint. We topped them off with some new nobs and I must say I am pretty pleased with the result.
Before
After
Next up, the headboard. I wanted to make a fabric headboard. If you buy them in the store they are $1000+, so I thought it would be best if we made our own. I am really the ideas person when it comes to these things, Trever and my dad are the ones that did all of the work. My dad is a super hand guy and also knows how to upholster. My grandfather had an upholstery business, so my dad learned this trade many years ago. Trever is also quite handy and was a great assistant. Here they are building the headboard and working on one of the more challenging parts of the project.
I am really pleased with the results and may have even convinced my dad that he should go into the business of making fabric headboards. Here is the before:
And.... drum roll please, the after.
We also added new lamps and a few accent pillows. I found these pillows on eBay for half off and just had to pull the trigger. The last thing I want to do is get navy pillow shams and some new white sheets. You can't see it in the picture but we are in need of some new bedding. Thanks Dad and Trever for making this happen, I love it!

Comments