Moving
We moved at the end of July and I have been working up the courage to update our blog for the past two weeks. Even when you think your move is not going to be so bad, it's always a pain. The day of the move I felt pretty good but come late afternoon we were all exhausted. Jane was all but melting, so we finally decided that I would keep her entertained while Trever finished up the final packing and cleaning. Let's just way we are glad that it is done. When Jane woke up Sunday morning, we thought it was 8 am, which would have been good but it was actually 6 am. After a short nap for all of us, we got motivated and went to church. Despite my efforts to have our church clothes accessible, Trever could not find his belts and I only had a black bra to wear with my lighter colored clothing. We have now unpacked most of our clothing and are able to walk out of the house looking presentable. Thank goodness.
Before we moved, we tried to clean out our closets and get rid of anything we do not need. Trever had a sad parting with some of his t-shirts from the glory days. I tried to get rid of some of these during our first move but was not successful. After two years as a working man, I think he realized that he no longer needs a drawer full of t-shirts. For the sake of memories, we captured a few photos.
All of the shirts getting one last wear. One from his department during the grad school days.
During the single days, Trever played on a softball team with guys from our ward. He HAD to keep the shirt from their league championship. Another shirt with a lot of memories, the Stanford Saints. Our ward had an annual game with the single men from the San Francisco ward. Good times!
And then there is this purple one, not sure why this one was ever purchased. :)
So although I had my complaints about our old place and moving, I really do miss our apartment and the area where we were living. We had a great space, great location in relation to friends, downtown, local parks, the lake, etc... We also had great neighbors and some not so great neighbors, but they gave us something to talk about. :)
In our new place I am grateful for a dishwasher, laundry in our basement, only five steps to walk up to get in the front door, easy parking, a garage, a lawn, friendly neighbors, proximity to grocery shopping, the bank, library and other fun places. There are a TON of kids in this neighborhood and they have all been so kind to Jane. Although I had my doubts about moving the first week we moved in, I know we are right where we need to be. I am excited for the years we will have in this place.
Before we moved, we tried to clean out our closets and get rid of anything we do not need. Trever had a sad parting with some of his t-shirts from the glory days. I tried to get rid of some of these during our first move but was not successful. After two years as a working man, I think he realized that he no longer needs a drawer full of t-shirts. For the sake of memories, we captured a few photos.
All of the shirts getting one last wear. One from his department during the grad school days.
During the single days, Trever played on a softball team with guys from our ward. He HAD to keep the shirt from their league championship. Another shirt with a lot of memories, the Stanford Saints. Our ward had an annual game with the single men from the San Francisco ward. Good times!
And then there is this purple one, not sure why this one was ever purchased. :)
So although I had my complaints about our old place and moving, I really do miss our apartment and the area where we were living. We had a great space, great location in relation to friends, downtown, local parks, the lake, etc... We also had great neighbors and some not so great neighbors, but they gave us something to talk about. :)
In our new place I am grateful for a dishwasher, laundry in our basement, only five steps to walk up to get in the front door, easy parking, a garage, a lawn, friendly neighbors, proximity to grocery shopping, the bank, library and other fun places. There are a TON of kids in this neighborhood and they have all been so kind to Jane. Although I had my doubts about moving the first week we moved in, I know we are right where we need to be. I am excited for the years we will have in this place.

Comments