Growing up

It seems like it's happened overnight that Jane has turned from baby to little girl. It's fun to see her become more independent and yet it also requires me to be extra patient, something I have struggled with lately. She now wants to put on her own shoes, climb in and out of the car on her own, buckle herself into her car seat, and climb up and down from chairs (especially in the middle of dinner) on her own. If you try to help or hurry things along, she quickly replies with, "do it own!" I had to take deep breathes when we had to get in and out of the car 3 times in 30 minutes last week. It's a good reminder to me to slow down so that we both don't go crazy.
As part of her new big girl status, she has taken a liking to wearing our shoes around the house. I am always amazed that she is able to walk around without falling. My personal favorite was seeing her walk in my heels after church last Sunday. This girl is so silly! We love her a bunch and are looking forward to celebrating her 2nd birthday next month.

Comments

Sarah S said…
Jane is so darling. I love her cute nearly 2-year-old personality! And those fun things from your neighbors are amazing!!

Popular Posts