Silky

Last Sunday we put Jane in her bunny robe after her bath. We inherited this cute thing from my niece in Michigan. It has been so nice of my sister to share all of her hand-me-downs. Jane wanted to prance around in her robe for a little while, so we let her do her thing.
After playing for a while, she was on the hunt for a "silky." Her piggy (lovey) has a silky tag and she loves to suck her thumb and hold the silky. She has been doing this for a while but it seems like the desire to hold something silky has ramped up in the past few months. The good thing, any old silky will do. She enjoys washcloth tags, clothing tags, blanket tags, you name it! I have been trying to dig up the tag blanket I made her a year ago but it is buried in our storage unit. I will have to pull it out when we move.
Here she is on the hunt.
Alas she finds what she wants and takes a little break on the hardwood floor.
While I think this is cute, I wasn't so happy when she was climbing under my dress in the post office and feeling around for a silky. Can't I just mail a few packages without my daughter pulling up my dress? I had to pull her out from under me about 5 times. Oh man!

Comments

Sarah S said…
I was laughing at the beginning of this post when you were talking about Jane's love for anything silky. The post office story makes me smile.
Alecia said…
LOVE the post office story. What a crack-up, but I'm sure it wasn't so funny in the moment! :) My in-public problem is that Sawyer keeps grabbing my boob saying "baby!"
Heather said…
So cute! Are you guys moving?
Lindy & Trever said…
Just moving in town, not the west coast just yet. ;)
Alyson said…
SO adorable. Jane is a beauty!! The silky story is hilarious. One of my sisters had the same obsession when she was little and we STILL catch her rubbing anything silky between two fingers. I can't wait to meet this little girl in person one day. sigh... One day we will both be back where we belong, right??? :)xoxo.

Popular Posts