North Carolina cont...
We had a white Christmas in North Carolina. I guess it was the first time it's snowed on Christmas in Raleigh since 1887. They canceled church on Sunday, so we slept in, I mean we wish we could have slept in. :) We stayed in our pj's for most of the morning and spent the afternoon playing in the snow. I was inside taking a nap, but when I woke up I saw two snowman in the front yard.
Here is Jane with her cousin, Jon Bradley and Burgon grandparents.

Other adventures in North Carolina included a walk around UNC Chapel Hill campus, a really muddy, cold hike to a mill in the woods (wish I would have had my boots), a visit to the North Carolina Museum of Art to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit and Eric Carle images, and a visit to Duke's chapel and gardens. We also made several trips to the neighborhood park, and several visits to the Gap to use our free jeans coupons from Julia (such a treat). We ate way too much food, played lots of games and did plenty of lounging. Thanks for a great week everyone, hope to see you again soon!
Touring UNC campus.
Hike in the woods. She is smiling because she is laughing at me. I was trying to hike up a muddy, icy hill in flats. I didn't know it was going to be a hike.
Green frog, green frog, what do you see...
Duke's chapel & stained glass windows.

While we were touring the inside, Jane was exploring the outside gardens. A quiet chapel just isn't the best place for a 15 month old girl. What a goose she is!

Hike in the woods. She is smiling because she is laughing at me. I was trying to hike up a muddy, icy hill in flats. I didn't know it was going to be a hike.
Duke's chapel & stained glass windows.
While we were touring the inside, Jane was exploring the outside gardens. A quiet chapel just isn't the best place for a 15 month old girl. What a goose she is!

Comments