Christmas in North Carolina
We spent the holidays in North Carolina this year. It was so fun to have the entire Burgon family together. Jane was sick upon arrival but perked back up within a few days. On Christmas eve, we acted out the nativity scene. With grandchildren entering the family, the tradition has resurfaced.
We took our time opening gifts on Christmas morning. Andrea made her delicious cinnamon rolls (in the shape of a candy cane), which I have a goal of making one of these days. Jane had fun passing out gifts, tearing paper, and playing with new toys.
The Vans for the kiddos were a big hit (thanks Julia). Jane also enjoyed her new sheep and gave it several hugs that morning. Trever bought me a sewing machine (yippee), so now I need to learn how to sew. I struggled with his gifts this year but think they turned out ok. What do you get for the guy that never really wants ANYTHING. I guess it's good and bad, right. :)
We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and enjoying our time together. A perfect way to spend Christmas in my opinion.
We took our time opening gifts on Christmas morning. Andrea made her delicious cinnamon rolls (in the shape of a candy cane), which I have a goal of making one of these days. Jane had fun passing out gifts, tearing paper, and playing with new toys.
The Vans for the kiddos were a big hit (thanks Julia). Jane also enjoyed her new sheep and gave it several hugs that morning. Trever bought me a sewing machine (yippee), so now I need to learn how to sew. I struggled with his gifts this year but think they turned out ok. What do you get for the guy that never really wants ANYTHING. I guess it's good and bad, right. :)







Comments