ONE
Jane is one! I really can't believe it's been a year. I feel so blessed to be a mom and have experienced so much joy over the past year. It has been fun to watch her grow and change and become more independent. She is eating a variety of food and is quite the dairy queen. She would happily eat cheese and yogurt for every meal. Her mode of transportation is scooting. It's quite hilarious to watch her move from side to side across the floor. She looks like she is rowing a boat. She also loves to cruise along the furniture and is happy to take a hold of your fingers and walk anywhere you are willing to go. She is also pointing at everything and is easily distracted when eating. If there is anything on the table, she has to hold it and will not stop obsessing until the object is in her hand or out of sight (sigh). Jane loves to be outside, socialize with other kids and play at the park. When we are the store, she is often exchanging glances with strangers and loves to make them laugh. She has become quite the tease over the past few months and really is so much fun.
We spent Jane's birthday with Mimi and Jeff. We went to the park, walked around town, played with her toys and had a party with friends. We also tried to do a 1 year photo shoot with my friend Sarah but Jane wasn't up for picture taking. I felt frustrated that she wasn't smiling and that it wasn't working out. Sarah was gracious enough to reschedule our appointment, so we will try again next week. Once we got home, I took Jane for a walk in the Ergo so she would nap. And while I frustrated, I had to be grateful for the beautiful day, the chance to be outside and the fact that my little girl feel asleep in my arms (these moments are rare these days).
As for the party and the cake, we had the cameras ready to watch her eat her 1st cupcake, but it was pretty uneventful. She stared at the cupcake and didn't touch it, for a long time! We tried to feed her a little bit but she simply wasn't interested. I wonder how long this will last. :)
As for the 1 year stats:
Height: 32" (95-99%)
Weight: 22 lbs (50-77%)

Comments