A weekend of food and fun in San Francisco

We kicked off the weekend with dinner and dessert with the Burgon's. We met for dinner in Union Square and then took a cable car to Ghiradelli Square. I certainly did not need to eat to dessert, but it's hard to pass up an opportunity to enjoy a sweet treat. We ordered "The Earthquake" for the group and had no trouble finishing the platter with eight scoops of ice cream, whip cream and toppings. Yummy!

On Saturday Trever and I made another trip to the city to see Beethoven's Symphony No. 9. It's fun to hear the symphony play something recognizable. I learned to play Ode to Joy on the piano when I was young, but this performance was much more powerful. :) Trever has been wanting to see this performed live for quite some time, so I thought we should splurge. This was my third time to attend the symphony and I have to say it was the best. The choir and symphony together were simply amazing. We didn't have a camera, so here is a picture from our phone.


Before the performance, we ate at one of our favorite places in Hayes Valley, Hayes and Kebab. We had the lamb kebab's and falafel platter. We highly recommend both. To top off the weekend, we made homemade Chinese food with friends on Sunday and enjoyed another delicious meal. Three big dinners in three days, who am I kidding! It's back to the gym this week.



Comments

the youngbergs said…
Love your new template (stick with me, you'll go far)!!! And I appreciate the linking...I'm looking forward to trying out some new places to eat!

Popular Posts