Cate's Ballet Recital


Cate LOVED her ballet class this year. I definitely underestimated her interest in dance this spring. I thought she might be interested because her older sister has taken ballet, but this was not the case. Cate looked forward to ballet each week and was beaming ear to ear each time I peeked in to watch. Ms. Matricia taught both Jane and Cate, and she truly has a gift for teaching children and helping them experience the magic of ballet. 

When Cate put on her costume for the dress rehearsal she exclaimed, "I'm beautiful, I'm so beautiful!" Yes you are Cate and you looked fabulous on the stage. It was so fun to watch you in your element. 



Cate was not a fan of taking family pictures on the day of the recital. She wanted to do her own thing (which she often does), which I can appreciate most of the time but not always (wink). Here she is climbing around on all fours. 


She finally agreed to join the group and flap her wings like a true lady bug. 



Mimi was able to join in the fun as well. 


Another exciting part of the day was blowing the bubbles that she received from her teacher after the recital. Jane was quite upset that all she received was a sticker. Life is so unfair sometimes. ;)


We can't wait to see you on stage again Cate. Love you!

Comments

Popular Posts