Point Reyes
Our budding photographer capturing the beauty of this day
Jane was so excited to hold the camera and take pictures of our family as we explored Point Reyes. We have had some pretty amazing January weather, so we decided to take advantage of this beautiful day. Trever and I have never been to Point Reyes, which is pretty surprising since we both grew up in Northern California. Last Saturday we enjoyed clear skies and beautiful sunshine, so we knew we needed to head to the coast. The drive to Point Reyes was so beautiful. We drove through rolling green hills and saw cows and sheep grazing everywhere. My words can't even capture the beauty. If you are in Northern California, you really just need to go see it for yourself, definitely a bucket list item in my book.
Our first stop off the shuttle was the lighthouse. We were a little hesitant about making the trek with kids but it wasn't bad at all and they were great. We climbed over 300 stairs (both ways) and they didn't make a peep. I think they were enjoying the beautiful day just as much as we were. On our way out to the lighthouse we saw several whales come to the surface. The girls loved it! Here are a few pictures that capture our journey and views of the ocean.
We need to get this group some sunglasses
The hike to the lighthouse gave us (Trever and I) a good workout
Jane took this one. We are still working on framing the picture but she did a great job!
Here they are walking down all 300+ steps to the lighthouse. Jane ending up wearing flip flops, which wasn't the best idea but she was a trooper and hardly complained. Just look at that view!
Family photo attempt. There are three out of five looking at the camera, not bad. Don't let Cate's face fool you, she had a great time.
Liz did a great job in the backpack. Trever got an extra workout on these stairs.
Our next stop was Drakes Beach. As soon as we stepped off the shuttle at, I knew we were underdressed. It was COLD and windy and I pretty much wanted to go after 15 minutes. I did however enjoy the view of the elephant seals. They were loud and large and totally interesting to watch.
When our shuttle returned to the visitors center, Lizzie and I made our way to the car to warm up. Trever took Jane and Cate to the beach and they were able to get an up close view of the elephant seals.
We ended the day at a pizza place in Point Reyes. It was delicious and the girls did a great job at the restaurant. We played eye spy, ate pizza and just enjoyed the night. It was a pretty perfect day and I am already looking forward to our next adventure.








Comments