Afternoon Adventure - San Rafael Baylands
We have had some pretty amazing weather the past month. I miss so many things about Chicago, but the long winters are not one of them. It has been SO nice to be outside with our kids this winter.
A few weeks ago we brought our stroller and the kid's bikes to the San Rafael Baylands for an afternoon walk/ride. I think they had a good time, although Cate was a little frustrated with her bike. She is learning to use her balance bike and isn't totally jazzed about riding it. She kept begging to put the pedals back but we tried to reassure her that she will learn to balance in time. I think she wants to go fast and is frustrated by the fact that she can barely move on her bike right now. I know she will pick it up soon.
Liz spent most of her time walking and exploring, which makes perfect sense. She is no longer content to sit in the stroller for an extended period of time, this girl is on the move.
Are you loving the sock and shoe combo? This is how we roll.
The girls found a great spot to throw rocks into the water. Cate eventually climbed onto Trever's shoulders to see if they could throw the rocks even further. We could have spent quite a bit of time there but had to leave in time to make it to Costco. As we made our way back to the car I felt such gratitude for being outside, enjoying a warm winter day with my family.





Comments