Lately



Three bugs snuggled in the back of the Vibe. We used "the black car" while the van was being serviced. 

I figure its time for an update. I have been blogging about the main events but want to record our day to day happenings as well. We have been in California for about 3 months and are settling into our new place. We really enjoy our house and feel blessed to have found such a good place. When I open the upstairs blinds each morning I look right out into the hills. It's pretty amazing! We have met a few of our neighbors but don't know anyone very well at this point. We have a play date with some neighbors tomorrow and they have twins that are Cate's age. It would be so fun for Cate to have two friends that live so close.

Our house is just two blocks away from Jane's school, which is so fabulous. I love that we can walk, bike and scoot to her school everyday. I also love that the weather is so nice and that we have been able to spend so much time outside. We stay after school 3 days a week and play with Jane's classmates and their families. My girls love it and Lizzie gets a lot of extra attention from the moms. 

Jane is loving her teacher and looks forward to going to school each day. I was a little worried about her transition at the beginning of the year. Her teacher is pretty no nonsense. I know that teachers don't need to be fuzzy but I guess I just wanted someone to scoop her up and help her have a smooth transition. Well wouldn't you know, she is fine and absolutely loves her teacher. When I had a parent teacher conference in October, Jane's teacher said that school is "Jane's thing". I sure hope so! Jane has started reading and is so thrilled. They are using Zoo Phonics to teach the kids their letters and it has been so fun and effective. I love watching her sound out words using her Zoo Phonics. 

Jane is taking a tap class and is loving it. I just signed her up for two more sessions, so she will be tapping through the end of March. One of Jane's classmates is in the same class and they have been having a great time together. I have a feeling Jane will be dancing for many years to come, she just LOVES it!
Leaves are on the ground and the fall colors are here.

Cate is growing fast and seems to be happy in our new house. She is becoming more social and is enjoying some new friendships. She loves playing with Jane and Jane's friends but is starting to ask for her own play dates. I look forward to her being in preschool next year so that she can have "her thing".  She is definitely ready. Cate started taking a soccer class in September and is loving it. She was a little apprehensive at first but I see her confidence building each week. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing our kid smile from ear to ear when they learn something new. 

Cate is still spunky and she keeps me on my toes. When we are trying to get out the door, she usually has a different agenda. It can be challenging and there are days I lose my patience, but I am learning. When I remember to have a sense of humor with her and keep things light, the day usually goes a lot better. Right now I am loving my hour window with Cate after we drop Jane off at school. After I put Lizzie down we have time to finish up lunch, read books, play games and just hang out. I think that one on one time with kids is so important and wish that it could happen more with each of my girls.

Lizzie is BUSY. She is walking all over the place and trying to be a big girl. She scrapped her nose the other day whens she lost her balance on the pavement. She loves to climb and will head down the slide head first if I don't catch her. She is loving her new freedom and is keeping me busy. She seems to prefer sitting at the table in a big chair vs. sitting in her high chair. She still loves most food and one of her favorite word is nack (snack). Another favorite is uh uh while she shakes her head no. She also says duck (her lovie), momma, dadda, milk, bye bye and a few other words that I can't think of right now. She gives us constant smiles and keeps all of us laughing each day.

Trever is loving his mountain bike and is getting the lay of the land while riding through the hills near our house. I am feeling more settled. I have been back at the gym, which has been great for my sanity (and fitness) and the kids are very happy playing at the childcare. We have found some good local parks, I know the library system, know where to grocery shop and have found a great pediatrician for the kids. I also know where Target is, so what more do I need (wink). We have met some good families at Jane's school and look forward to building more friendships in this area. Life is very full and busy but we are finding our way. I am looking forward to the holidays with family and for more adventures to all of the beautiful places that surround us.    




Comments

Alecia said…
Love the updates. :) Glad all is well!

Popular Posts