Winter
The last few months have been a bit of a blur. This has been our coldest winter in Chicago and one of the coldest Chicago winters on record. They have cancelled school 4 times this year, which is pretty much unheard of in this area. When my kids were all sick at the end of January, I thought I was going to lose it. My lack of sleep + lack of activities for the kids + the fact that we couldn't get out and socialize = disaster. I am grateful that Jane and Cate have each other to play with, even though they also have each other to fight with too. :) Here are a few things we have been doing to keep everyone entertained.
I am feeling a little more optimistic after our 10 day vacation to sunny California. It was just what I needed to hit reset. I know it will still be cold here for a few months but the end is in sight, I just know it.
Hopscotch created with washi tape
Ice skating with hot pads as skates
Morning baths for everyone
Tea parties
Pedicures for Lizzie - her heels get quite scratchy
I am feeling a little more optimistic after our 10 day vacation to sunny California. It was just what I needed to hit reset. I know it will still be cold here for a few months but the end is in sight, I just know it.


Comments