A Midwest experience

Trever at the game with all of his gear. Not pictured - three layers of gloves.

The weather has been FREEZING here this winter! Last week I experienced the COLDEST DAY OF MY LIFE. I was inside so I didn't really experience it, but I could still feel the cold penetrating our house. It was so cold that they cancelled Jane's school for two days. With the windchill in the -20's, it wasn't good for anyone to be outside.

While many people stayed inside during these cold days, Trever decided to make the trek to Green Bay to watch the 49ers play the Packers. He knew it was going to be cold when he bought his tickets but he didn't know it would be THAT cold. After doing some research on the internet and shopping at a few sporting goods stores, he was ready to take on the cold. On the day of the game he packed an entire Rubbermaid bin full of gear, the man was prepared.

The game was on a Sunday, so we all went to church that morning. It was snowing quite a bit and the roads were slick, so it seemed kind of silly to even be leaving the house. There was still a good turnout at church but many people were not able to come because their roads had not been plowed. After the first hour of church they decided to cancel the remaining meetings.

We brought two cars to church that day, so after our meeting, Trever headed to a friends house. I took the girls home in the van. All was going well until I got stuck in the snow in our alley. At first I kind of panicked and then I realized I simply needed to get out of the car and carry each one of our girls inside. I turned on a show for Jane and Cate, and Lizzie stayed asleep in her car seat. Luckily a friend of ours was able to come over and help dig me out. We did a lot of digging and forward and backward movements of the car before I was finally free, but we did it. The girls and I spent the rest of the day in our cozy house and watched the 4th quarter of the 49er game from the comfort of our couch. Trever watched the game in sub zero temperatures and was able to witness a 49er victory in the final minutes of the game. These temperatures sure make for great stories but I am ready for some sunshine!

Comments

Alecia said…
Trever is DIE HARD and I don't envy you in those temperatures!
Katie said…
I'm so glad you keep up your blog. I love reading about the goings on in your life. You're one of my motivations for keeping ours up! Hope to see you soon!

Popular Posts