Pictures and a few thoughts
Jane giving Cate a kiss and tugging on those yummy cheeks. Jane is always good to give her sister a kiss goodnight and is such a good big sister. I can't wait until these two are chasing each other around the house.
Jane is having fun but Cate wasn't so sure. She was feeling a little crowded.
After spending time with family, getting a few more weeks under my belt and starting a new year, I feel like I have a better attitude and am able to really enjoy my girls. I am trying to appreciate the fun things about having a two year old, instead of wanting to pull my hair out when she is exercising her independence. I am savoring my time with Cate and enjoying her stillness, cute smiles and extra naps. I try to remember how blessed I am because I really am lucky to be a mother. I am learning how to be more patient, how to let things go, to roll with the punches, and to focus on the positive. All things I need to and want to learn.
The days are still busy and there are a few moments each day when everything is hectic. One such moment happened yesterday when we got home from the gym. We were walking from the garage to the house and Cate was crying because she was hungry. Jane was moaning because her boot came off in the snow and then started screaming because she fell down and her bare hands were freezing. Jane was also stressed because Cate was crying and kept asking, "what's Cate crying for about." It was cold, everyone was hungry and both girls needed my help. We finally made it inside the house, dropped all of our bags, took off our boots and coats and gloves and got settled. These type of things happen quite often but then things calm down and we are ok (all of us). I am grateful for these experiences and for these two sweet girls that are constant reminders of what really matters in life.

Comments