Peeps on the Potty

Jane's interest in the potty started to peak after spending Labor Day weekend with my 4 year old niece. She wanted to sit on the potty but nothing ever happened. Then Cate was born, life got busy and her interest in the potty went away. Well, after spending Christmas with my niece, she is now VERY interested in the potty. On Monday, we started putting her on the potty first thing in the morning and have encouraged her to sit throughout the day. She has now peed on the potty at least once every day this week, which has been very exciting for all of us! She is now eager to wear big girl underwear and while we are glad to see such enthusiasm, we aren't ready to take that step just yet. I think we are going to try a few more weeks of the regular sittings and then go from there. We don't really know what we are doing, so I guess I should get a book. Any suggestions?

It is so funny to hear her talk about the potty. She says things like, "look mom, it's yellow!" Today we went to the Jump Zone and she asked to use the potty. Turns out she didn't have to go but that is ok. After she was done, I told her that I had to use the potty. Once I started to go (I know, TMI), she was excited and said, "good job mom, you are going potty!" These things are very exciting when you are two. Love this girl!

Comments

That book I was telling you about -- "Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day" -- or something like that. It tells you to have the child potty train her doll first, then she gets potty trained. I used it loosely with my kids and liked it. Potty training is at the bottom of my list of things I like about being a parent. But it does give you the chance to cheer on your kids, which I like. And it gives you an excuse to have lots of reward treats around the house. Moms deserve rewards, too!!
Alecia said…
I love how Jane cheered you on. Hilarious@
Alyson said…
The thought of potty training is overwhelming to me! please send me any tips! Jane Renee has peed on the potty one time and I must've gone crazy with cheers, because she did the same thing to me next time she found me on the potty :).
The picture of her casually reading on her potty is priceless. I absolutely love it!

Popular Posts