Sick

So apparently Jane's Friday night episode was just the beginning of our crazy week. Monday night both Jane and Trever were throwing up. I could hear Trever but I did not hear Jane. When I got Jane out of her crib in the morning, her hair was a mess and there was throw up in her bed. Sorry for the gross images, but this is the real deal people! Poor thing slept in her bed with yucky hair.

Monday night/morning I lay in bed fearing for my life that I would get the stomach flu. You see, I already have a cold and really didn't want to deal with anything else. Luckily I only dealt with a cold on Tuesday because Trever was not feeling well all day. He worked from home and I tried to keep Jane out of the way while he was on conference calls. Later that afternoon Trever requested this winter squash soup, which surprised me because he hadn't eaten all day. I was planning to make something else for dinner, but I wanted to take care of the poor man. I made a trip to the store, cooked the soup and called everyone to dinner. Trever was lurking around the soup and didn't seem as excited as he was earlier that afternoon. I admit, I started to feel a little bugged. All this effort and NOW he didn't want the soup. It must be how men feel when dealing with their picky pregnant wives. Anyway, he did have some soup and plain squash on the side.

Flash forward to Tuesday night. As I got ready for bed my stomach started to feel weird, kind of the same symptoms as Trever the night before. Ai yi yi! Well, it hit me. No throwing up for me but definitely no desire to eat. I felt all the lovely symptoms of the flu and spent the entire day loafing around the house. Luckily Trever was able to work from home while we both recovered. We took turns taking care of Jane and keeping her entertained. The poor girl barely made it out of the house this week.

So here is the status of the Burgon household:

Jane - seems to be feeling good and is back to eating 2 of her 3 meals per day.

Trever - downed 4 fruit smoothies on Wednesday night and has an appetite again. He is still a little off his game but is feeling much better.

Lindy - no more flu but the cold is still lingering. I woke up this morning with a cold sore the size of Texas underneath my nose. PERFECT! Trever's company party is on Sunday, so it should be quite visible by then. I was able to get my prescription to tackle this stupid thing but it took forever for them to process the paperwork.

We have caught up on all of our recorded shows and are glad it's the weekend. I guess it's good this happened before we go to North Carolina to visit family and a new nephew. We can't get sick again after all of this, right?

On the bright side, it was a balmy 40 degrees here today. It really was nice and it was great to spend some time outside with Jane. Wish me luck with the cold sore!




Comments

Heather said…
SOOOOOO SORRY to hear that you all were sick. I hope you all are feeling 100% better soon. Have A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON! LOTS of LOVE and SMILES from the Bay!
CAISA said…
yuck! sorry! Beckley got something similar... but, it lasted 3 weeks! (which made for A LOT of throw up!) poor kid. he is just finally eating normally again.
glad you guys are doing better!!!
Sarah S said…
Lindy, that's horrible!! I hope you guys get back to 100% really soon. Being sick when you have a child is so hard.

Popular Posts