10.10.10
Yesterday was my birthday and what a fun day it was. A few facts about 10.10:
10 is my favorite number.
10 was my volleyball number back in the glory days.
My sisters Katy and Jacci (twins) share the same birthday and we are exactly 7 years apart.
We kicked off the birthday celebrations on Saturday night at an Ultimate Karaoke Party hosted by the Mulcocks. What is Ultimate Karaoke? It's Karaoke kicked up about 10 notches. The only people that can hear the actual song are the couple performing the song. They wear headphones and sing a cappella. All the audience can hear are the horrible (in our case) voices. We chose Sweet Caroline by Niel Diamond. What a laugh! At one point I looked out into the crowd to see a few blank faces. No smiles, no laughs, oh man! For the girl who hates to be the center of attention, this was quite embarrassing, but hey, we rocked the musical instrument part!
I spent my actual birthday with Trever and Jane. We went to church, took a walk in the fall leaves, took a nap, chatted with family and enjoyed a delicious dinner cooked by my sweet husband. He even provided some cold bubbly white grape juice. And... he had three vases of flowers with 10 flowers in each for 10.10.10, totally sweet and very clever. It was a really great day and just what I needed. Thanks love! The birthday celebrations continued this morning, as I enjoyed a delicious breakfast with some of my favorite girlfriends. It was fun to be in Chicago and to spend time with friends. I am grateful for another great year and for all of my many blessings!
10 is my favorite number.
10 was my volleyball number back in the glory days.
My sisters Katy and Jacci (twins) share the same birthday and we are exactly 7 years apart.
We kicked off the birthday celebrations on Saturday night at an Ultimate Karaoke Party hosted by the Mulcocks. What is Ultimate Karaoke? It's Karaoke kicked up about 10 notches. The only people that can hear the actual song are the couple performing the song. They wear headphones and sing a cappella. All the audience can hear are the horrible (in our case) voices. We chose Sweet Caroline by Niel Diamond. What a laugh! At one point I looked out into the crowd to see a few blank faces. No smiles, no laughs, oh man! For the girl who hates to be the center of attention, this was quite embarrassing, but hey, we rocked the musical instrument part!
I spent my actual birthday with Trever and Jane. We went to church, took a walk in the fall leaves, took a nap, chatted with family and enjoyed a delicious dinner cooked by my sweet husband. He even provided some cold bubbly white grape juice. And... he had three vases of flowers with 10 flowers in each for 10.10.10, totally sweet and very clever. It was a really great day and just what I needed. Thanks love! The birthday celebrations continued this morning, as I enjoyed a delicious breakfast with some of my favorite girlfriends. It was fun to be in Chicago and to spend time with friends. I am grateful for another great year and for all of my many blessings!

Comments