One down...
It's my (Trever) turn to post to the blog. Today we celebrated our 1 year anniversary (of marriage, not our American Express membership). I'll make sure not to get too sappy or awkward, but I just want to say that I married the sweetest, beautifulest, carebear-yist girl on the planet. Too bad for everyone else, she's taken.
For the big night we went to dinner at the Slanted Door in SF. It's Asian fusion and very well reviewed. We figured that if Asian fusion can produce such good looking children (shout out to Kelvin & Susie and kids), the food must have potential as well. Started out with some delicious spring rolls with pork and shrimp. Main dish was shaken beef with lemon and scallops and butternut squash. It was great - if anyone has the recipe for that shaken beef, send it my way.
After dinner we walked around the city taking night pictures, talking about all we've done this year and sharing what we like most about each other - all very kumbaya. Came home to our newly-thawed, year-old wedding cake. Some traditions are awesome, others make you scratch your head a little. This cryopreserved cake tradition is a bit of head scratcher. I was grateful for the sugar fix from the piece I ate but disappointed that I was unable to smear it over Lindy's face like last year.
Monday can be a hard day to throw a celebration, but I think we did it well. It's been a very fun year and we've got more adventures planned. Stay tuned.
For the big night we went to dinner at the Slanted Door in SF. It's Asian fusion and very well reviewed. We figured that if Asian fusion can produce such good looking children (shout out to Kelvin & Susie and kids), the food must have potential as well. Started out with some delicious spring rolls with pork and shrimp. Main dish was shaken beef with lemon and scallops and butternut squash. It was great - if anyone has the recipe for that shaken beef, send it my way.
After dinner we walked around the city taking night pictures, talking about all we've done this year and sharing what we like most about each other - all very kumbaya. Came home to our newly-thawed, year-old wedding cake. Some traditions are awesome, others make you scratch your head a little. This cryopreserved cake tradition is a bit of head scratcher. I was grateful for the sugar fix from the piece I ate but disappointed that I was unable to smear it over Lindy's face like last year.
Monday can be a hard day to throw a celebration, but I think we did it well. It's been a very fun year and we've got more adventures planned. Stay tuned.




Comments
Congrats on a year down. I like the idea of walking around the city, saying nice things about eachother. Maybe Aaron and I will try that :) Wish we could hang out.