My grandpa

Last Friday my grandpa passed away. He had been struggling for the past few months so in many ways it was a blessing for him to go. Although I am glad that he no longer has to suffer, I will miss him dearly. My grandpa has been one of my dearest friends and is someone I have always admired. He was kind, non-judgmental, eager to serve those in need and a friend to all that knew him.

My grandpa was there for all of the major events in my life and has always made a special effort to reach out to me. Over the years he has been a great support, providing endless counsel through phone calls and letters. I am so grateful for all that he has done for me and hope to honor him in the way that I lead my life. I truly hope to be the type of friend, parent and grandparent that he has been to so many. I will miss you grandpa!

Comments

Brock said…
Lindy,
I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa passing. Whether expected or unexpected, death is always a sad day/time for those living. He sounded like a wonderful man. I'm so glad you had this time to be with him and share your lives together. May your memories of him bring a smile to your soul.
With deepest sympathy,
Brock
the youngbergs said…
What a beautiful tribute. I have a feeling he is and will always be incredibly proud of the way you lead your life.

Popular Posts