Surfs up!
After one hour of moonlight surfing (an adventure he has experienced on more than one occasion), his board snapped in half. While he was a little disappointed, he also felt that it was very cool and would make for an even better story to share with family and friends. Don't worry, we had a photo shoot when he got home to document this memorable event.
Although Trever had three additional surfboards at home, he convinced me that he needed a new long board. Supposedly a man needs a short board and a long board, go figure. I agreed that he could buy a new board, under one condition: the additional surfboards that have been making a tee pee in the corner of our family room must be sold before the new one arrived. To my surprise, I returned from Girls Camp and the surfboards were sold. Trever has now spent the past few weeks searching for the perfect surfboard at the perfect price (this is the most important part and something I can definitely support). At one point he even asked me to watch a website for one hour while he was in a lab meeting. A little obsessive... I think so! :)
Well fear not... with a little patience and perseverance, Trever has found "the perfect" board. It is also important to mention that he got a screaming deal! I do have to say I appreciate a good deal as well and am glad that I have a husband that is patient enough to search for such deals! So alas the new surfboard has arrived and has been the perfect addition to our family room. Black on the top, orange on the bottom, what more could one ask for in a board.

Comments