1st Day of School


We are almost a month into school here and I am finally catching up on my posts. Jane and Cate are both at a new school this year. Our moved placed us in the boundaries of another elementary school. Jane was a little hesitant to move but I knew she would be fine and she is. She LOVES her teacher, is making new friends and only complains when she has to get out of school early on early release days. Our new school is using standing desks and they seem to be working out just fine. I am so thrilled that she is thriving and that she loves school so much.

Outside of school she is playing soccer, which keeps her busy 3 days a week. She also got a role in the local production of Annie, which is so fun. Annie is BIG in our house right now, so she is loving every minute. They will have their shows the first week of December, so she will be busy for the next few months.

Cate is enjoying T-K and has been blessed with a fabulous teacher and teaching assistant. She looks forward to going each day and has been making lots of new friends. I think she is loving that fact that she and Jane are at the same school, doing big girl things.

Cate rides her bike to school each day and is loving her Independence. She leaves the rest of us in the dust but makes sure to check in with me along the way. She has built up her endurance, and is able to climb the steep hill back to our house without stopping.

Outside of school, Cate is playing soccer and is lucky enough to have Trever as her assistant coach. She still loves the monkey bars and jumps at the chance to go to any park with a good set of bars or rings. I have just started working with her on reading and she is thrilled about learning acquiring this new skill. Can't wait to see this girl soar this year!


I was going to keep Lizzie home this year ,but it's been hard to hold her back. She has asked about when she would start school on several occasions and I finally decided that she is ready! I was lucky to get her in 2-days a week and today was her first day.

Once she was ready for the day, Lizzie grabbed her backpack and headed for the door. Apparently she thought she was going to be in Cate's class and was surprised when I told her she didn't need to hang her backpack on the hooks, and tuck her snack inside a cubby in Cate's classroom. I reminded her that we were going to the same preschool that Cate attended last year. She was still excited but seemed a little deflated.

When we arrived at the preschool, Lizzie seemed excited to be there. Her class meets in a different room than Cate's did, so I think that threw her a bit. She clung to me when we got inside and shed a few tears. I stayed with her for a bit and she was eventually having fun and enjoying the day. At one point she turned to me and said she was okay, and that I could leave. I gave her a kiss and was on my way. I am so proud of this brave girl and am excited for her new adventures in preschool.


So much personality with this one!

So now I have 6 kid free hours a week. They will mostly be spent at the gym, grocery store or running other errands but they will be alone and that will be nice. They are happy at school and I feel good knowing they are happy and thriving.

Comments

Popular Posts