Fancy
I haven't been good about taking pictures lately but if I wait until I get a good picture, the memories will be gone. Right now, Jane is all about being fancy. It may have to do with the number of Fancy Nancy books we read or it could just be ingrained in her personality. I am certainly not fancy, so I don't think she is looking at me. :)
Often times Jane is scrambling for her accessories so that she can fancy up her outfit before we leave the house. Things that are fancy may include sparkly tights, a necklace, ring, bracelet, bow, a particular pair of shoes or all of the above, it's pretty cute.
For the most part I let Jane pick our what she is going to wear each day. The only day I really make suggestions is Sunday. I am not going to make myself crazy if she really has a strong opinion but I try to be involved in the Sunday wardrobe decisions. A few weeks ago she came out with a pretty eclectic outfit. I tried not to burst her bubble but kindly suggested we pick out something a little different. She was agreeable but once she was dressed in her new outfit, her shoulders sank a little because she didn't feel "fancy". We made sure to dig up a bracelet, necklace, plastic ring and a nice bow before she left. She felt much better and raced out of her room so that she could show her dad her new outfit.
This past Saturday our church had a barn dance. Jane was very excited about the barn dance because she had fond memories of attending the same activity with her dad last summer. The day before the activity, she was talking about what she wanted to wear. The first things she mentioned were her new purple church shoes and white tights. On the morning of the activity she also pulled out her purple bracelet and bow to add to the outfit. I told her she should set them in a special place and she decided that would be on top of a cake plate on our dining room table. When it was time to get ready for the big event, Jane got dressed in her purple dress and included all of her accessories to make the outfit complete. There was not going to be any jeans, boots or plaid for this girl! Once she had everything on, she asked me to put her purple bow in her hair. Once I was done, she looked in the mirror and gave a big smile. It was so fun to see her excited and feeling so good about herself.
Once we got to the barn dance she stayed close to my side but was very interested in watching the dancing. After a while, we joined in but she still stayed pretty close to me. About 20 minutes later she was doing a group dance with Trever and was having the time of her life. She was skipping down the line and bouncing through the air, she was happy. I love this girl!
Often times Jane is scrambling for her accessories so that she can fancy up her outfit before we leave the house. Things that are fancy may include sparkly tights, a necklace, ring, bracelet, bow, a particular pair of shoes or all of the above, it's pretty cute.
For the most part I let Jane pick our what she is going to wear each day. The only day I really make suggestions is Sunday. I am not going to make myself crazy if she really has a strong opinion but I try to be involved in the Sunday wardrobe decisions. A few weeks ago she came out with a pretty eclectic outfit. I tried not to burst her bubble but kindly suggested we pick out something a little different. She was agreeable but once she was dressed in her new outfit, her shoulders sank a little because she didn't feel "fancy". We made sure to dig up a bracelet, necklace, plastic ring and a nice bow before she left. She felt much better and raced out of her room so that she could show her dad her new outfit.
This past Saturday our church had a barn dance. Jane was very excited about the barn dance because she had fond memories of attending the same activity with her dad last summer. The day before the activity, she was talking about what she wanted to wear. The first things she mentioned were her new purple church shoes and white tights. On the morning of the activity she also pulled out her purple bracelet and bow to add to the outfit. I told her she should set them in a special place and she decided that would be on top of a cake plate on our dining room table. When it was time to get ready for the big event, Jane got dressed in her purple dress and included all of her accessories to make the outfit complete. There was not going to be any jeans, boots or plaid for this girl! Once she had everything on, she asked me to put her purple bow in her hair. Once I was done, she looked in the mirror and gave a big smile. It was so fun to see her excited and feeling so good about herself.
Once we got to the barn dance she stayed close to my side but was very interested in watching the dancing. After a while, we joined in but she still stayed pretty close to me. About 20 minutes later she was doing a group dance with Trever and was having the time of her life. She was skipping down the line and bouncing through the air, she was happy. I love this girl!

Comments