Yosemite - What do May showers bring?
About two months ago we made plans with friends to camp in Yosemite this last weekend. We looked forward to it but the weekend forecast almost kept us at home. I kept thinking the forecast would get better throughout the week, but it only got worse. I really wanted to spend a weekend with friends in Yosemite but camping in the rain did not sound fun. I almost pulled the pregnancy card but instead we decided to pack up and make our way to Yosemite. The windshield-wipers were going full speed for a good chunk of the drive up there. We spent the first night at my dad's house, which is about one hour outside of the park. It was real nice to walk into a house with a warm fire and sleep in a comfortable bed for the night.
On Saturday morning we met our group at the campsite they had slept at Friday night. They were wet and cold and jumped at the chance of crashing at my dad's place rather than spend another night in rain. We then spent the afternoon trying to stay dry while we toured the valley and took pictures. I really enjoyed the day even thought it was raining. The valley was beautiful and the waterfalls were amazing - Yosemite looked different than I had ever seen it. (Trever said it looked like there should be unicorns jumping through the mist and the waterfalls that were cascading down the walls of the valley). I am really glad that we decided to get away and enjoy the weekend in nature. Thanks Katie and Lee for planning a great trip!
On Saturday morning we met our group at the campsite they had slept at Friday night. They were wet and cold and jumped at the chance of crashing at my dad's place rather than spend another night in rain. We then spent the afternoon trying to stay dry while we toured the valley and took pictures. I really enjoyed the day even thought it was raining. The valley was beautiful and the waterfalls were amazing - Yosemite looked different than I had ever seen it. (Trever said it looked like there should be unicorns jumping through the mist and the waterfalls that were cascading down the walls of the valley). I am really glad that we decided to get away and enjoy the weekend in nature. Thanks Katie and Lee for planning a great trip!

Comments