Happy New Year

The tree is down, the boxes are put away and the carpets have been cleaned. The Christmas season is officially over in our apartment. We had a fabulous time with the Burgons in Tahoe and were able to enjoy a white Christmas. After a midnight departure in order to miss the storm we were able to enjoy five full days in the snow. The highlights include sledding and skiing in freshly dusted snow, playing the name game and Guitar Hero, bowling at Incline Bowl and eating plenty of delicious food. We are grateful we were able to spend a long weekend with family and look forward to the next family vacation.

We needed a little boost for our midnight drive.


Andrea's activity included memorizing all the numbers in 3.14


Brad rocking out on Guitar Hero

This puzzle was a beast, but we did it!


Skiing at Alpine Meadows with Lake Tahoe in the background


I am now savoring my last few days before heading back to work and am dreading my 6:00 am alarm clock. I guess it's good to get back into a routine but I could still use another week of vacation! I am grateful for the chance to spend time with friends and family and to reflect upon my blessings. I am excited for a new year and look forward to new adventures in 2009.

Comments

Popular Posts